Monday, January 25, 2010

UGM CAMPUS LIFE ISN’T TOO SHABBY FOR ME ;-)

MARSHITA BINTI KAMARUDIN
FAKULTAS KEDOKTERAN
06/197414/KU/12015
UGM CAMPUS LIFE ISN’T TOO SHABBY FOR ME ;-)
When I got admitted to Gadjah Mada University, I was very excited to know that i’m going to pursue my dream, to study Medicine and become a doctor. My parents thought of my education first, but I was more looking forward and thinking what life will be like as a student in campus and how will I going to be independent and stand on my own feet. Hermm...tough isn’t it?
As a junior, the first thing I did was taking my time to get cosy with the education system and also life as higher education student. It was hard. Then, I decided okay, maybe I should get familiar with the area of the campus first. As part of my tour, I walked around Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and also I went to UGM’s Kantor Pusat. I loved this part of the campus, and could see myself attending this school, and fitting in. The buildings seemed polished, sturdy, and noble. The atmosphere of the campus was very cozy, and everyone was exceptionally friendly.

Another point of interest was the quality of education. After doing some research on the school, I learned many interesting things about UGM. One that caught my attention was, "UGM is first in ranking of University in Indonesia”. WOW indeed. To me, of course I am a little bit intimidated by the high standard of UGM education level but nevertheless, it hit me, come on..You got your chance, you can do it and bring it. I have to say; sometimes I had hard times keeping up with all the hectic schedule and assignments. But I guess, the experiences made me realize that it taught me how to be a grown up and face the reality of life that it wasn’t always good and fun times.
The town of Yogyakarta seemed lively, safe, and fun, and I was happy to find that my place of stay here is very homey and do not remind me of high school dormitories. I felt at home around the town, and loved all of the shops and attractions. Talking about shops, I must admit that I am an avid shopper ;-). I was wondering if Yogyakarta whether is a town with not just campus in it as the city says (Yogyakarta Kota Mahasiswa). I am very pleased to find that there is life in the city of Yogyakarta so that I can blow off some steam after busting my brain at medicine school.
Clearly, UGM is an option for me that makes sense, and feels right. I love the campus, student life, and spirit of the school, as well as the surrounding cities. I love the people here, I’m enjoying the delicacies, and most important even sometimes I had my ups and downs, I am having a blast being a student of UGM. I’ve gained a lot of knowledge and experiences here. It does make me become more or less a better individual to face any challenges in the future. As for all of you teman-teman seUGM, let’s do our best to reach our goals and dreams while making UGM proud to have us as students. SEMANGAT!!

Last but not least a wise quotes by Benjamin Franklin,
An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. 

Sunset in airport

Yogyakarta, 12 agustus 2017 So this is the end of my (another) journey Selalu ada alasan mengapa seseorang bepergian. Sering kali un...